Peace of mind in the palm of your hand.
inReach SE®+ is an affordable, rugged satellite communicator that uses 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for two-way messaging - anywhere in the world. In case of emergency, the interactive SOS allows you to communicate back and forth and receive confirmation that help is on the way. Plus, built-in high-sensitivity GPS enables basic grid navigation with a high-detail bread crumb trackback trail, while tracking lets you easily share your location with family, colleagues, or emergency responders.
inReach SE+ is true peace of mind in the palm of your hand:
- Send and receive text messages to SMS and email addresses, or another inReach device while beyond cell phone range
- Trigger an interactive SOS and communicate with GEOS, the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Plan trips, manage your device, and store tracking data using the Explore® web app
- Follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a breadcrumb trackback trail
- Follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a breadcrumb trackback trail with basic grid navigation viewable directly on the full-colour display
- Built in high-sensitivity GPS provides location and tracking data within 5 meters
- Get weather forecasts for any location (an optional service)
- Pair with mobile devices* using the free Earthmate® app for access to TOPO maps** and U.S. NOAA charts, U.S. color aerial imagery and more
- Track and share your location with others using Mapshare® so they can ping your device and send you messages
inReach SE+ also offers:
- A compact and rugged, impact-resistant, water-resistant design
- A long-lasting internal rechargeable lithium battery
- A color screen and virtual keyboard, providing full, free-form texting, and social media posting
- Intuitive LED indicator for satellite availability, audible message notifications
- 100% global communications coverage via the Iridium satellite network, with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas
- A line up of accessories including cases, mounts and chargers
*1See Garmin.com/inreachfaq for compatibility.
**Preloaded DeLorme TOPO maps are not compatible with other Garmin devices. Other Garmin maps not compatible with this device.
inReach GPS Integration
- Accurate to +/- 5 meters.
- Enables follow-me/find-me tracking and location.
- Embeds user’s GPS location in all sent messages.
- For iOS and Android users, the inReach GPS signal is relayed to the companion phone or mobile device. This increases accuracy over that of companion device’s native GPS, and eliminates GPS-related battery drain on companion device.
- Add contacts to your Explore account to create an address book and sync it to your inReach.
- Access your mobile device’s address book with the Earthmate app.
- Messaging is not restricted to address book contacts; send to any email address, cell phone number or other inReach user.*
Compatible inReach Communication Platforms
- Send and receive text messages to/from:
- Cell phones (SMS)*
- Email contacts
- Other inReach users
- MapShare (Explore portal)
- GEOS International Emergency Rescue Coordination Center
MapShare is the online web portal where the follow-me/find-me tracking and location results are displayed.
- You select who you want your followers to be and choose your desired privacy settings.
- You configure your tracking at intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours.
- Your clickable track points include: speed, course, and elevation.
- Followers can view your tracks or location on their choice of aerial imagery or DeLorme topographic maps.
Protection Against SOS False Alarms
According to search and rescue authorities, 90% of all SOS alerts are either inadvertent false alarms or situations that are not true emergencies.
- In the Earthmate app, the SOS screen has an electronic "safety".
- In standalone mode, a SEND-compliant SOS button lock prevents false alarms.
- If you determine your SOS alert isn’t a true emergency, it can easily be cancelled in both paired and standalone modes.
GEOS Emergency Response
SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing.
- Trained GEOS personnel serve as your SOS point of contact, and relay information to and from you and responders.
- Tracking is automatically activated by any SOS.
Pairs with a Smartphone or Tablet
Download the free Earthmate app to your smartphone or tablet, then pair with your inReach to transform your mobile device into a global satellite communication and navigation tool:
- Real-time GPS location, tracking and text messages are overlaid on the digital maps for easy navigation and position location from anywhere in the world.
- Use an internet connection to download free topographic maps and NOAA charts on your paired mobile device. Unlike streaming maps on most cellphone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you’re outside cellular coverage.
- Automatically syncs with your mobile device’s address book for easy message sending.
- View all your previous trips and messages.
*Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country.
- Dimensions: 6.8 x 16.4 x 3.8 cm (2.7” x 6.5” x 1.5”)
- Display size: 5.9 cm (2.3”) diagonal
- Display resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
- Display type: Transflective color TFT
- Weight: 213 g (7.5 oz)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable internal Lithium Ion
- Battery life: Up to 100 hours at the default 10-minute tracking mode, 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode and up to 30 days in standby mode
- Wireless: Bluetooth®
- Water rating: IPX7*
- Interface: USB
- Built-in memory: none
- Waypoints: 500
- Routes: 20
Seasonal value and flexibility that you can afford.
- No annual contracts
- Switch plans any time
- Suspend your service in the off-season
Visit inReach Canada Service Plans for more information.
Note: inReach devices ship with access to inReach Canada standard rate plans and the Explore web application. (To use inReach with other compatible web apps like the Enterprise web app, inReach must be activated with special byte-based subscription plans. Please contact us for details.)